Torn Apart

And what was whole was torn apart,
To lead us to a brand new start,
We made mistakes, we played the field,
But I'm you sword, and you my shield,
No amount of loveless sex,
Compares to ours and what comes next,
For ours is true, this bond we share,
The right to love is ours to bear,
Forget the ones that question us,
Our families, friends, and those we trust,
It sounds cliche, but they don't know,
And if they do, they'll hate us more,
What is lost, is often found,
A destiny to which we're bound,
My heart is yours, you have control,
To lose you now would crush my soul,
I trust in you, and you in me,
The past is done, but we're still free,
The jealousy I often felt,
I lost that game, but new hands were dealt,
I don't know how, but it's all gone,
My trust has never been so strong,
The boys you had, they hold no meaning,
And it's this fact that stopped the bleeding,
They often say you come back stronger,
And now I know you'll never wander,
Because you know that I'm the one,
I beat the others, yes I've won,
An autumn moon is what you are,
More beautiful than any star,
But I'm the one who makes you glow,
No other boy can, and this we know,
For I'm the sun, the gentle heat,
Your heart feels me in every beat,
And so I say we start again,
Do not forget the times we sinned,
Mistakes are there to teach us lessons,
And we have made our last confessions,
The only thing left for us to do,
Is for you to love me, and I to love you

No comments:

Post a Comment