Forever's Bond

Surely it was fate, that played the greatest role.
The miracle of meeting, the combining of our souls.
It wasn’t easy made, this bond that lasts forever.
In fact it took the braving, of the most damning types of weather.
But as with even darkest storms, the clouds did have to part
And brilliant rays of sun let shine, truest warmth of heart.
The mistakes along the way, the wrong paths frequent traveled.
Proved in nature works divine, necessities for love to be unraveled.
A scarlet rose, you are, amongst a sea of endless lions.
And I, your rock, forever always, a shoulder made to cry on.
Together bliss was every day, a unity of endless bounds.
For your touch would send me soaring, lift me high up off the ground.
But even with such strong conviction, cliche was proven still.
All good things must meet an end, leaving heartache and surrendered loss of will.
Those words of Gentian callousness, even God dare not remember.
For that day the flame of anger raged, leaving now black smoke and glowing ember.
And like the Phoenix, from the ashes, our paths have crossed again.
Not as Romeo and Juliet, but as the confidant, a cherished friend.
Because in my time of isolation, epiphany paved way to reason.
There is no ‘me’ without your friendship, like the world without a changing season.
Alone is not as lonely, if my call you still will answer.
For you, my voice of reason, are the music, and I, the dancer.
What if? Is not for us to ponder, it was destiny that guided true.
And though our time together short, I hope you’ll think of me, as I will always, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment