The Original

   

I am marred beyond the scope of righteousness.
My soul has more than once indulged forbidden fruits;
Their interdicted nectar alleviate even most Freudian desires.
I care not to repent my ways. My vices are immaculate;
Nefarious perversions woven cryptically into normalcy;
Habitual responses instilled by fears of wanting.
I am Plague’s sole justification; the familiar condemned;
A masquerading miscreant; a pretender mocking all with sight.
Pleasure’s principle nourishes my apathetic conscience.
Only threats of public persecution may exist to worry me.
I am the embodiment of civilized society;
An elaborate façade of lies and self-denial.
From the shadows, I scrutinize the wrong’s of others;
An act of self-loathing distinguished through mimicry.
Witnessing the repercussions of other’s known perversions
Only enhances my lustful appetite for societal taboos.
The threat of exposure serves as excitement‘s catalyst.
I am, and always will be, the very definition of deviant.
I am your parent, your sibling, your neighbor. I am all mankind.
I bore the apple that banished man from Eden.
I am the Original; a fated encumbrance all must share.
You will never be without my grace. You cannot be,
For your birth served equally as mine. We are one.
I will warp your conscience and deteriorate your psyche,
But my presence alone is not enough to stir your hand.
 You must be the one to actuate my benevolent depravity.
You will crave what only I can give. You will sin.    
I am free will‘s burden; humanity’s only true divine right.

No comments:

Post a Comment